Python: Flask vs Django
Flask is easier to get started with and is a micro-framework like Node/Express which means that you can write a Hello, World app in seven lines of code. But as you add core functionality, it is up to you, the developer, to decide which 3rd party packages to use. This adds flexibility but also complexity.
Django requires a little more setup but takes a “batteries-included” framework. All core functionality is already built-in: user authentication, admin view, database support, etc. You don’t need to reinvent the wheel.
Ultimately I would recommend building a few quick apps in both and see which approach you prefer.
- Official Flaskr tutorial - build a microblogging site
- TDD Flaskr - build the same microblogging site but with a test-driven development approach
- New & Improved Flask Mega-Tutorial - video course from the leading educational resource
- Flask Mega Tutorial - free slightly dated text version of the same course
- Build a SASS App with Flask - video course building a real-world app that accepts payments
- Microservices with Docker, Flask, and React - extremely in-depth course on full-stack React, microservices, Docker, and more