Hi I’m William, a software developer & teacher focused primarily on Django, a Python-based web framework. I’m a Board Member (Treasurer) of the Django Software Foundation, have written three books, co-host a weekly podcast, co-write a weekly newsletter, and speak regularly at conferences including DjangoCon in both 2018 and 2019.
Previously I worked at numerous early-stage startups, most notably Quizlet, and taught computer science at Williams College. Outside of programming I’m an avid reader. If you’re curious about the design and hosting of this website, I’ve written a detailed post on the topic.
Django Chat Podcast
Django News Newsletter
Logo is in the works, here is the link for the site!
- Awesome Django - curated list of awesome Django resources
- InstallPython3.com - guides for installing Python 3 on Windows, Mac, Linux, and Chromebook
- DjangoX - starter framework for new Django projects
- DRFX - starter framework for new Django REST Framework projects
- SQLjs - online SQL interpreter
- HTML Escape Tool - automatically escape/unescape HTML code
- Django APIs and React - Django Boston (May 2018)
- 8 Reasons Why Learning Django is Hard - Django Boston (January 2019)
Podcast Guest Appearances
- Profitable Python - Professional Developer Resources for Django (December 2019)
- Frontmatter - Self-Publishing and Changes in the Book Industry (July 2019)
- Talk Python - Teaching Django (December 2018)
- Podcast.__init__ - The Business Of Technical Authoring (September 2018)